Mission of the program is to prevent the emergence and development of risk behaviours among the students of primary and secondary schools in Prague and Central Bohemia Region.
The program target groups are pupils of primary or secondary schools in the age of 6-12 years, i.e. younger school age, and in the age of 12-15 years, i.e. older school age, living in Prague and Central Bohemia region, who are not or are not known to be affected by using of addictive substance in massive extent or by other associated risk phenomenon and thus they are suitable for primary prevention program.
- to mediate and provide the students of elementary schools with the knowledge, skills and attitudes that promote healthy lifestyle
- to work in a manner that the students would be able to apply these qualities in their behaviour not only within the program, but also in the future
- to reduce the likelihood of the development of risk behaviour among the students of elementary schools, particularly the use of addictive substances
the development of social skills
the development of communication skills
the development of the ability to build healthy relationships outside the family
- the strengthening of the ability to effectively resolve conflicts
- the strengthening of the ability to face social pressure
- the promotion of anti-drug attitudes
- the mediation of offers with positive alternatives of leisure activities
- the provision of objective information and creation of awareness of the addictive substances and adverse consequences associated with their use
- the positive change in the life of the clients
Characteristics of the service
This is a general primary prevention program and thus it is focused on general children and youth population, without its dividing into more or less risk groups. The program focuses on the promotion of protective health factors on the bio-psycho-social level, healthy lifestyle and reduction of the risk factors.
Using interactive techniques the programme trainers treat the class group as a closed group with a specific dynamics. The program is implemented as two or three sessions in each class during one school year, according to the specific school contract.